Recipe by FlemishMinx
This is a quick and easy, yet tasty, way to prepare any non-oily white fish fillet. White wine, or lime juice may be substituted for the lemon juice . . .
Top Review by cuisinebymae
I used 4 sole fillets. I sprinkled them with a touch of salt, along with the paprika. After sauteeing the onion mixture for the allotted time, the onion wasn't really soft, but I mixed in the crumbs anyway and put it on the fish. After baking, the onions in the topping were absolutely perfect. The flavour of this recipe is truly fantastic!
- 4 fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- paprika, as desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter the bottom of a baking dish and arrange the fillets within, in one layer.
- Brush each fillet with lemon juice, and dot each with a tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- While fish bakes, combine all remaining ingredients except for bread crumbs.
- Saute in small frying pan for 3-4 minutes until onion softens.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Spread this mixture on top of fillets and bake an additional 6 minutes.
- If desired, broil 1 minute to brown topping.