Recipe by Andrea384
This is an original recipe based upon tradition, with a twist. I was inspired by a recipe I found on Recipe Zaar that included fresh basil.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Took these when we had dinner at a friend's house & they were a big hit! I especially like the inclusion of lemon zest in these, & I'll definitely be making them again! This is a great keeper of a recipe! Many thanks for sharing it!Made this especially for my vegetarian son & DIL & it was a big hit with all of us!
- 1 dozen egg, large
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in pot and cover with water. Bring to a rolling boil. When the water reaches the boiling point, turn the flame off and put a lid on the pot and set aside for twenty minutes.
- Peel and discard all of the egg shells. Take 3 of the eggs and remove the yolk and discard the whites. With the remaining hard boiled eggs carefully slice through the eggs length wise and remove the yolks.
- Place all the yolks in a bowl. Finely chop parsley and add all the ingredients to the egg yolks, then combine well with a fork. Consistency should be smooth, add olive oil if needed and taste for seasoning. Transfer egg yolk mixture to a plastic bag, maneuvering to one corner of the bag, twist the excess of the bag pushing the yolks down to the corner.
- With scissors snip a small opening in the corner of the bag. Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture.
- Garnish with finely chopped scallions or parsley.