1/1 Photo of Deviled Eggs With Lemon
This is an original recipe based upon tradition, with a twist. I was inspired by a recipe I found on Recipe Zaar that included fresh basil.
My Private Note
Egg hal ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place eggs in pot and cover with water. Bring to a rolling boil. When the water reaches the boiling point, turn the flame off and put a lid on the pot and set aside for twenty minutes.
- 2Peel and discard all of the egg shells. Take 3 of the eggs and remove the yolk and discard the whites. With the remaing hard boiled eggs carefully slice through the eggs length wise and remove the yolks.
- 3Place all the yolks in a bowl. Finely chop parsley and add all the ingredients to the egg yolks, then combine well with a fork. Consistency should be smooth, add olive oil if needed and taste for seasoning. Transfer egg yolk mixture to a plastic bag, maneuvering to one corner of the bag, twist the excess of the bag pushing the yolks down to the corner.
- 4With scissors snip a small opening in the corner of the bag. Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture.
- 5Garnish with finely chopped scallions or parsley.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Eggs With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 329.9 mg
- Sodium 292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g