Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Inspired Alton Brown and capers.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled (I hard boil according to Martha Stewart's Hard Boiled Eggs 101)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon capers (liquid only)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom.
- Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside.
- Place the peppercorns into a pepper mill and grind fine.
- Add the pepper, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine.
- Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners.
- Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves.
- Finish garnish with capers.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Lovely deviled egg recipe, although I question using freshly ground peppergrounds....they were a bit gritty in my deviled egg. But the taste was wonderful, and one I will enjoy again. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game.