Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Different then the regular ol' deviled eggs...
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon, sauteed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites on a plate.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, mustard and pepper.
- Stuff into egg whites.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- *Note:As a substitute for honey mustard, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard and 1-1/2 teaspoons honey.
These were easy to do, and very flavorful. Different than the traditional filling, though. We also sprinkled with paprika before serving.
Yummy! I love deviled eggs and could eat them every week, and this will definitely go in as one of my favorites. I wasn't too sure about the sweetness of the honey, but it really worked. Thnx for sharing your recipe, mommybusch. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Five stars from my husband. He loved everything about this recipe. Like Susie D. I sprinkled the eggs with paprika before serving. Thank you for posting.