Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I developed. Once you have these with bacon, you won't want to eat plain deviled eggs again.
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, shells removed
- 4 pieces bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 green onion, finely minced both green and white parts
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or as needed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- In a mixing bowl mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard and keep mashing with the fork until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir in the bacon, green onion, salt and ground black pepper.
- Stuff the filling into the egg white shells.
- Sprinkle the eggs with paprika.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
Great change from plain deviled eggs!
These are delicious. I really like the green onion addition. I followed the recipe but added another T of mayo. Made for Cookbook Tag 07
Excellent deviled eggs & real DH pleasers as they are very like my own that he has favored for nearly 20 yrs. As you said, he will not eat plain deviled eggs w/o bacon either. I served them as part of a "Spoil my DH* dinner effort that included roast chicken, glazed onions & a green salad. He was in heaven! Made for Fall PAC 2007 & thx for sharing your recipe w/us.