Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really good deviled eggs with just a little heat. If you like them hotter, simply add more diced jalapeno. The thyme and lemon zest come through with the hot smoked paprika, and the cheese and mustard make these eggs something special. (cooking time is for boiling eggs)
- Cut peeled eggs in half and carefully remove yolks with a small spoon. Set aside eggs on an egg plate or regular serving plate.
- Place yolks in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add lemon zest, thyme, mustard, sugar, mayonaise, and green onion.
- Mix. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon about 1-2 teaspoons into each egg.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with hot smoked paprika.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
Yummy deviled eggs! I like the lemon and thyme combination and the hit from the mustard (I used a little less than called for). The cheddar and smoky paprika were a nice touch too; I didn't used the optional jalapeno. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a different take on deviled eggs! Loved the lemon zest and the HOT paprika! I skipped the shredded cheese and didn't miss it. Thanks, Taz!
I liked a lot about this recipe. All of the additions to the filling resulted in very full and pretty deviled eggs. (i mistakenly included the cheese.) I seeded the jalapeno & then used an additional thin slice on each egg for a garnish. There really wasnâ€™t much heat in my pepper & next time I might use jarred peppers to be certain of adding the â€œkickâ€�. Nice recipe & a welcome addition to a deviled egg tray. Thank you for your contribution to RSC & good luck!