Recipe by RecipeNut
I have started making these using less fat and they are delicious! Also can be stored in a Styrofoam egg carton until ready to use.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a large saucepan (set carton aside, see Note) Fill with enough water to cover. Add oil. Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook 12 minutes. Drain and run eggs under cold water until cool.
- Peel eggs. Cut a thin slice off the least pointy end to expose the yolk; if necessary, continue cutting thin slices until you see the yolk. Gently squeeze eggs to pop out yolks. Place yolks in a large bowl; return white to carton. Save trimmed pieces of egg white. Repeat with all eggs.
- Mash yolks with mustard, dill, mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Transfer to a large resealable bag. Snip off 1 inch from a corner; pipe filling into whites, mounding over tops. There will be about 1/3 cup filling left over. Chop trimmed pieces of egg white and combine with extra filling; save for a sandwich. Close carton; refrigerate until serving.
- Note: I only use Styrofoam cartons that have been washed for storage of eggs, cardboard cartons could have bacteria in them.