Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe discovered on delish.com. I fiddled with a few of the ingredients and the recipe was reduced by more than half.
- 4 -5 hardboiled large eggs, peeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or combination of both) or 2 -3 tablespoons plain yogurt (or combination of both)
- 1 teaspoon harissa, to taste (homemade is best!)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika (I used a combination of 1/8 t. smoked paprika and 1/8 t. chipotle powder)
- salt, to taste (omit or use less salt if using the preserved lemon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon preserved lemon (if you don't have preserved lemon add 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon roasted almonds, finely chopped (pine nuts will work, too.)
- fresh cilantro, parsley, chives (your choice) or mint (your choice)
- caraway seed (optional)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and spoon yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, harissa, olive oil, paprika, and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into egg-white cavity/halves.
- Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with fresh herb(s) of choice. I added a *very light sprinkle* of caraway seeds to the top of each egg for garnish.
Yum! Used A Simple Harissa for the Harissa. I used mayo, just sweet paprika (since I had hot in my harissa), parsley, and forgot the nuts (whoopsie!) - such a fun way to change up devilled eggs, especially since I always have hard boiled eggs on hand! Made for ZWT 9.
Great departure from the traditional deviled egg recipe (which I also love). Nice presence of heat, with a hint of smoke from the smoked paprika. I used preserved lemon and just a tiny bit of salt. I used store bought Harissa. For the garnish, I used cilantro, pine nuts and the optional caraway. Very good! Made for ZWT9
Mmmm, munch, mmmm, munch, munch. Extremely tasty eggs that you have here CG. I didn't opt for the caraway (this time) but everything else went on and on, LOL. Made for NA/ME Tag.