Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love my deviled eggs. When people eat them they are always trying to pinpoint the flavor..and with an ingredient list like this one it's easy to keep em' guessing! The filling makes more than is needed so have fun eating the leftovers! Usually, though I make this with my potato Salad and just add the leftover filling to the potato salad...yummy! Also, since the potato salad uses common ingredients with the deviled eggs the small amounts of ingredients needed for the deviled eggs are not a problem.
- 12 eggs, boiled and divided
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped celery
- 1 green olives (use only if you can grind it up finely)
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Wishbone Deluxe french salad dressing (the orange kind)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey mustard dressing
- 1⁄8 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (one small dash)
- To make perfect eggs for deviled eggs, put all eggs in a large pot that has a lid. Cover eggs to one inch above eggs with water. Bring to boil then turn heat off but leave pot on burner for 15 minutes. Set your timer-this step is important for eggs that don't tear when you peel them. While waiting, prepare a large bowl filled 3/4 way with ice and water. When eggs have completed their 15 minutes set, rinse with cool water and place immediately in ice bath until completely cooled. Tap on large end and gently peel and half the long way and place on platter or deviled egg dish. Put yolks in food processor.
- To small bowl, add very finely chopped sweet onion, celery and water chestnuts. These ingredients are important because they add some texture. I wouldn't ever leave them out as the texture is what most people comment on.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the egg yolks in the food processor EXCEPT CHOPPED PICKLE, WATER CHESTNUTS AND CELERY) and pulse until well combined, scraping down sides if necessary. Add mixed ingredients to the chopped veggies and mix with a scraper or spoon. Spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with turmeric and parsley flakes.
- I actually like to serve these immediately because I think some of the flavor is masked by chilling the eggs -- but my husband likes them cold. What do you think?
This is quite a different deviled egg and DH and I loved them! They were a little too "much" for my dad, but he tends to love more traditional foods. There were so many different flavors and they were spicy, sweet, tangy, etc., all at the same time. I wasn't able to put the filling in the processor to get the full results of the crunchy-in-the-smooth texture, but that didn't hamper the flavors at all! I didn't have water chestnuts, so just added a bit more celery and also had to omit the green olive, and passed on the optional items. This was a little extra work with many ingredients, but was worth it. Thanks!