Recipe by Rachel Merrell
Deviled eggs with fresh basil
Top Review by Andrea384
This recipe inspired me. I modified the ingredients by replacing the basil with Italian parsley, and included lemon zest, shallots, and just a touch of horseradish mustard. The results were better than I had hoped for. Thank you.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel hard boiled eggs and cut them lengthwise.
- Carefully remove yolks; place yolks in a bowl.
- Set egg whites aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Place basil and mayonnaise in bowl of food processor; blend about 2 minutes.
- Add mixture to yolks, mix.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fill egg whites with filling and serve.