Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deviled eggs with fresh basil
- Peel hard boiled eggs and cut them lengthwise.
- Carefully remove yolks; place yolks in a bowl.
- Set egg whites aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Place basil and mayonnaise in bowl of food processor; blend about 2 minutes.
- Add mixture to yolks, mix.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fill egg whites with filling and serve.
This recipe inspired me. I modified the ingredients by replacing the basil with Italian parsley, and included lemon zest, shallots, and just a touch of horseradish mustard. The results were better than I had hoped for. Thank you.
So easy, so delicious! It's been requested more than once among my friends.
Simplicity at it's best. I made this recipe today on a trial run for Easter and they are a winner! Thanks for the recipe.