Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came from my grandmother. It was passed down to me at age 6, and I have been making it for the family Christmas for years.
- 12 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Hard boil your eggs.
- Peel eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise and empty yolks into a bowl, putting the egg white to the side.
- stir in mayonnaise, salt, and pepper until egg is relatively smooth.
- using a spoon, take scoops of egg mix and put them on the egg whites where yolks used to be.
- sprinkle paprika over eggs.
- store in refrigerator.
I believe there is a typo. 2 1/2 cups of mayo would be way too much for 12 eggs. I used 1 1/3 cups for a stronger consistancy and added relish for a small crunch. Good stuff.