Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This old favorite is always snapped up at any luncheon, buffet dinner or backyard party. So-o good! A good variation on this is to eliminate the cayenne and add a bit of prepared mustard to mix, then top each egg with paprika and a slice of stuffed green olive. For those of you who might like caviar, you can use red roe in the mix and it's delicious.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 onion, finely minced
- sweet pickle relish or dill pickle relish
- mayonnaise, to bind
- cayenne pepper
- cut eggs lengthwise, scoop out yolks, place in bowl.
- add onion and sweet or dill pickle relish.
- add mayonnaise to bind, plus salt.
- mix well and finally add a pinch of cayenne-- go easy!
- cover and refrigerate until time to eat.
Yummy and simple eggs. I added a little bit of prepared mustard to the mix and everyone loved them. Thanks Stella Mae for a great appetizer. Made for Cookbook Tag.
I made these up for Easter dinner, quartering the recipe. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
Good tasting eggs and easy to fix.