Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was my Mother's and she taught me to make them. My sons and their families always request these eggs for all family get-together dinners.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 diced gherkins
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs; slice into halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from whites and place in a small round bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons Mayonnaise, yellow mustard, diced gherkins and finely chopped jalapeno (seeds removed), and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir mixture until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a zip-lock sandwich bag; seal bag and snip off one corner of the bag.
- Squeeze mixture out of corner of bag into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle tops of filled deviled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours or until cold before serving.
I made these for a neighborhood get together and they were gone in 60 seconds! Not really, but almost. I used Victoria's Louisiana seasoning (www.igourmet.com) in them and sprinkled them with celery salt just before sprinkling the paprika. These were delish!
These are great. The taste can't be beat. Very easy. May try using it as a base for deviled egg sandwiches, adding a little chopped celery and using the whites too. Have made this a lot in the last month. Hubbie really likes them.
House Rule: There shall be NO Miracle Whip in my house. The Miraculous thing about Miracle Whip is that anyone buys it. For vile taste, it is unsurpassed.<br/>I made Deviled Eggs last night, just winging it. Did the egg thing and took the yolks to a bowl. Mashed them. Added Hellman's Mayonaisse, just a bit. Added celery salt, McCormick's Salt-Free Spices, Herbs de Provence, a bit of Paprika and some dark Chili Powder. Also Cayenne to taste and a good helping of Turmeric powder. Mixed thoroughly. Added some more mayonaisse to moisten. Mixed. Took a spoon and scooped the yolk mix into the whites' cavities. Patted down with finger to remove spaces. This is necessary to get the maximum amount of this mix back into the whites. The reason is that it is so delicious that you don't want to waste any space on air. Sprinkled a bit of dark chili powder (my paprika was so old it was black and tasteless) on top and served. Also, with the Turmeric added, these were also healthy and allegedly will prevent cancer. Best of all possible worlds!