This recipe was my Mother's and she taught me to make them. My sons and their families always request these eggs for all family get-together dinners.
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs; slice into halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from whites and place in a small round bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons Miracle Whip salad dressing, yellow mustard, sweet pickle relish, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir mixture until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a zip-lock sandwich bag; seal bag and snip off one corner of the bag.
- Squeeze mixture out of corner of bag into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle tops of filled deviled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours or until cold before serving.
I made these for a neighborhood get together and they were gone in 60 seconds! Not really, but almost. I used Victoria's Louisiana seasoning (www.igourmet.com) in them and sprinkled them with celery salt just before sprinkling the paprika. These were delish!
These are great. The taste can't be beat. Very easy. May try using it as a base for deviled egg sandwiches, adding a little chopped celery and using the whites too. Have made this a lot in the last month. Hubbie really likes them.
When I first saw this recipe I was a bit turned off because of the relish, and my family had never had Deviled Eggs made that way. I decided to give it a try though, as it was my first time making Deviled Eggs. I upped the recipe for 32 eggs, because I was making them for a family get together. I was so pleased to see that everyone had finished all of my Deviled Eggs and my Aunt's were not even a fourth gone! They are really sweet and have a great zing to them, that's not too strong. I myself added a bit more mustard, because I couldn't taste it enough for my preference. I will definatly be making these again. Thanks so much for the recipe!