Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
A nifty little treat that brings all the ingredients together, you might want to stuff the whole egg half right into your mouth.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and cooked (reserve 12 for garnish, chop the rest)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon mayonnaise (add 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon to mayonnaise stir)
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- fresh dill or fresh thyme sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully slice hard boiled eggs in half.
- Cut and drain cucumber, by letting cucumber sit in a colander for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients with egg yolks together, (except reserved shrimp and fresh herbs) gently. Spoon back into empty hard boiled egg shell.
- Gently place the reserved shrimp on top of the egg yolk mixture, adding a small sprig of fresh herb.
- Serve with a little toast point or cracker.