Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nifty little treat that brings all the ingredients together, you might want to stuff the whole egg half right into your mouth.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and cooked (reserve 12 for garnish, chop the rest)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon mayonnaise (add 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon to mayonnaise stir)
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- fresh dill or fresh thyme sprig
- Carefully slice hard boiled eggs in half.
- Cut and drain cucumber, by letting cucumber sit in a colander for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients with egg yolks together, (except reserved shrimp and fresh herbs) gently. Spoon back into empty hard boiled egg shell.
- Gently place the reserved shrimp on top of the egg yolk mixture, adding a small sprig of fresh herb.
- Serve with a little toast point or cracker.
I dont make pretty deviled eggs, so I chopped the egg whites and made an egg salad. I used lemon pepper instead of the lemon in with the mayo. Thanks.
I took you at your word, Andi. You said it would be chunky, the amts were approx & I could make the recipe my own. I used about 1/4 of a lrg cuke, seeded & finely diced. It did not seem to release its liquid easily, so I seasoned it w/Old Bay instead of S&P. That worked well & it shrunk a lot. I subbed cocktail sauce for the ketchup to get a tiny bit of tang, added chopped Icelandic baby shrimp to a desired consistency & topped them off w/sprinkles of dill, Old Bay & a cpl of shrimp. So easy, all done, so tasty & all gone! Very pretty on the plate & well-received by my guests. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)