Recipe by tornadoes three
This is my deviled egg recipe. I like to use brown mustard because of the horseradish flavor.
Top Review by barefootmommawv
This is the same basic recipe I have been making for years. Only difference I normally don't add sugar. I reduced the amounts of salt, pepper and sugar. Other than that they are made as stated. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I made this for My 3 Chefs game.
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 -4 teaspoons salt, your choice
- 2 -4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil eggs until hard.
- Allow eggs to cool- check for cracks in the shell. Discard ANY cracked eggs. Bacteria grows under the cracks while the egg is cooling.
- Once cool, peel eggs and slice in half, lengthwise.
- Remove yolk from eggs and place in medium mixing bowl.
- Wipe off egg whites and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients (except paprika, and onions) to egg yolks.
- Start off with small amounts of mayo and add until you reach your desired consistency.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fill egg whites with the yolk filling.
- Garnish with chopped onions and paprika.
- Cover and chill until time to serve.