Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the Durbin Inn, a well-known restaurant in Rushville, Indiana from the 1920s until it closed in the late '70s. The eggs are delicious, and it's easy to make more for larger gatherings. -Margaret Sanders
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt; mix well.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Good basic recipe, Next time I will jazz it up with some cayenne pepper or wasabi.
made this with bacon bits and a sprinkle of paprika. was perfect. I wouldn't change anything else on this.
Simple, easy and very good.