Prep 12 mins
Cook 23 mins
The secret to perfect hard-cooked eggs: Put the eggs in a saucepan and add enough water to cover by one inch. Bring the water just to a boil; then remove the pan from the heat, cover and let stand 15 to 17 minutes. Run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chutney
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves; set the whites aside. In a medium bowl,
- mash the egg yolks with a fork; mix in the chutney, mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne.
- and salt. Spoon (or use pastry bag) the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.