Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What makes this recipe different is the softened butter that is added to the yolk mixture. It adds a nice depth and richness to the eggs. This recipe is a Julia Child original.
- 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles or 2 tablespoons relish
- salt and pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise with a sharp knife dipped in cold water, then puree the yolks through a sieve or food mill into a bowl.
- Blend in the mayo, butter, pickle and salt and pepper.
- Put mixture in pastry bag or zip lock bag and fill egg whites.
DH loved these deviled eggs. They are not a favorite of mine but I did enjoy these with the addition of the sweet pickle relish in the filling. Made one dozen eggs and used 2 tablespoons of soft butter, a heaping tablespoon of sweet pickle relish and almost all the mayonnaise. A very creamy rich tasting filling that would be very pretty piped into the egg white. Ridgely thank you for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the game forum's Iron Chef recipe tag game.
Delicious! I really like the butter addition in these eggs. Be sure to have the butter VERY soft for easy blending. Thanks for a keeper!