Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the best stuffed egg recipes I've come across, the one that looks great and tates great for a buffet, they go quickly!!
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cooked ham
- 4 tablespoons grated mild cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons mustard (your favourite)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce butter, melted
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- Make a small hole into the large end of each egg and lower into boiling water.
- (I have made these many times without putting a hole in the egg).
- As the water returns to a boil, roll the eggs around for 2 minutes to help set the yolks.
- Cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse then leave in cold water until ready to use.
- Shell them, halve them lengthways and carefully remove the yolks.
- Mix the yolks with all of the remaining ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, butter and parsley.
- Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and drizzle with melted butter.
- Place under a preheated grill/broiler for about 3 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
What a wonderful unusual deviled eggs recipe. Easy to put together, lovely flavors and the crispy end result made them different and special. I made therecipe exactly as written and did not change or add anything.
I've been using the recipe for a couple years and I always get rave reviews. The sour cream is a nice addition. I use Clubhouse crackers instead of the breadcrumbs and I sprinkle a little chopped cilantro on top. Love it! Thanks!!