Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005.
- 6 large hardboiled eggs
- 4 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely diced sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons finely crumbled bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- stuffed olives, sliced (for garnish)
- paprika (for sprinkling)
- Peel eggs, slice in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- In a small bowl, mash egg yolks until smooth; add crushed crackers, onion, celery and bacon, mixing well.
- Stir in mayonnaise and mustard until well mixed.
- If mixture is too dry, add additional mayonnaise or a small amount of cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pipe or spoon egg yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Press olive slice onto top of egg and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
I made these for a dinner at the office. Everyone loved them. I did not put any add'l salt. I do not add any add'l salt to anything. I thought the saltine crackers add a different taste/texture to it. I like it and really will be using this recipe and makeing them again. I just loved them..Thanks for the great recipe.
I tried these because we love all of the ingredients, although I thought it odd adding saltine crackers.....and, that's all I could taste, the soda cracker. Due to the bacon and salted crackers, test taste before adding add'l salt - ours was salty. I wish I could rate higher, but I followed the recipe to a T.
GOOOD!! My DH loves develed eggs, and I have tried a lot of recipes over the years. This is the one, the ONE!. Really really yumms. Do try this one everyone. Even if its not your new fav, it won't let u down. Deff worth a try.