Recipe by kittycatmom
I really like egg salad sandwiches. It was the first sandwich "filling" I learned how to make. I've tried many recipes, this is one of my favorites! Update -- YIKES! I completely forgot to add an ingredient! Corrected recipe to add 2 Tablespoons minced green onion.
- 8 slices bread
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs,celery and green onion in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over eggs and celery and toss gently to combine.
- Place about 1/2 cup on each of four slices of bread and top with remaining four slices of bread.
- Tips: if desired, add a lettuce leaf to each sandwich. Also, for added flavor, add one jar (2 ounces) pimiento, drained or 2 tablespoons chopped, drained roasted red pepper to the egg salad; prepare as directed. Also great with a slice of cheese.