Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really like egg salad sandwiches. It was the first sandwich "filling" I learned how to make. I've tried many recipes, this is one of my favorites! Update -- YIKES! I completely forgot to add an ingredient! Corrected recipe to add 2 Tablespoons minced green onion.
- 8 slices bread
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place eggs,celery and green onion in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over eggs and celery and toss gently to combine.
- Place about 1/2 cup on each of four slices of bread and top with remaining four slices of bread.
- Tips: if desired, add a lettuce leaf to each sandwich. Also, for added flavor, add one jar (2 ounces) pimiento, drained or 2 tablespoons chopped, drained roasted red pepper to the egg salad; prepare as directed. Also great with a slice of cheese.
A simple and delicious egg salad. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
I basically use this recipe for the mustard & mayo ratio. It has always been hard for me to find the right ratio & this one hits it! I use Earth Balance mindful mayo or kraft mayo w/ olive oil & both taste great.
This has all the components that we have come to love and devour on the farm! We loved/love the crunch of celery, so instead of making this finely chopped, I left it as a big crunch (chopped) and it was truly delicious! I also love the use of yellow mustard and the cider vinegar just a refreshing snap. Instead of the 1/3 cup of low-fat mayo, I used full fat, but reduced to amount to 3 tablespoons and it was perfect. Thanks for posting such a delicious sammy!