Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are just TREMENDOUS!
Make and share this Deviled Crab Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon minced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons mixed chopped herbs, such as parsley & basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 ounces fresh crabmeat, picked over and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup milk, beaten with
- 1 egg, for eggwash
- Melt butter in large heavy frying pan. Add onion, garlic, minced pepper and cook over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Add flour and stir until it is well incorporated. Continue to cook 2 - 3 minutes more but do not allow to brown. Gradually add cram and stir until thickened.
- Add dry mustard, prepared mustard, herbs, cayenne and tabasco - mix well. Stir in egg yolk. Quickly add crab meat, lemon juice and 1/4 cup bread crumbs stirring until well blended. Remove from heat. Add salt & pepper to taste,.
- Transfer mixture to bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 3 - 4 hours.
- Heat oil to 375º
- Shape chilled crab mixture into 6 oval cakes. Dip each crab cake into egg wash and then roll in remaining 1 cup fresh bread crumbs until completely covered.
- Fry crab cakes till golden brown 2 - 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain - season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Serve on warm plates with mustard sauce.