Sooooo delicious!! adapted from Cooking light Recipe can be doubled or more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kaiser rolls (3 ounce)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1Preheat oven to 375f degrees.
- 2To prepare boules, hollow out each roll, leaving about a 1/4 inch thick shell, reserve torn bread for another use.
- 3Place bread shells on baking sheet.
- 4Bake at 375f degrees for 5 minutes, remove from oven,set aside.
- 5To prepare deviled crab, combine 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, 1/4 cup wine, and garlic in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, stir in mayonnaise, mustard, red pepper, and paprika.
- 7Add 2 tablespoon chopped green onion and crab, toss gently to combine.
- 8Spoon crab mixture evenly into bread shells.
- 9Bake at 375f degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 10To prepare beurre blanc, combine 2 tablespoons broth, shallots, 1/4 cup wine, vinegar, and bay leaf in a small caucepan, pring to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes).
- 12Drain through a fine sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid, discard solids.
- 13Return wine mixture to pan.
- 14Combine remaining broth and cornstarch, stirring well with a whisk; stir into wine mixture.
- 15Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 16Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts.
- 17Stir in juice and black pepper.
- 18Serve beurre blanc immediately over warm boules.
- 19Garnish with julienne cut green onions, if desired.
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Crab Boules with Beurre Blanc
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 990.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
white wine vinegar