Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from one of the bake off magazines.
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, cleaned
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon juice and tabasco until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, onions and paprika. Reserves 2 T of breadcrumbs for topping; stir remaining bread crumbs into cream cheese mixture. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape crabmeat mixture into 6 balls, using about 1/3 cup mixture for each; flatten slightly.
- Unroll dough; separate into 2 (2 breadstik) portions. Seal seam halfway up length of each portion; place 1 ball on sealed side of each. Holding dough and ball in one hand, stretch dough strips over balls, crisscrossing and tucking ends under opposite side; place on cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush tops and sides of dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with reserved 2 T bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.