Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1 cup saltine crumbs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook the first 3 ingredients in 1/3 cup melted butter in a big skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Gently stir in crabmeat, 3/4 cup cracker crumbs, and parsley.
- In a bowl, combine the whipping cream and next 5 ingredients; gently stir into crab mixture.
- Spoon into 6 baking shells or individual baking dishes.
- In a small skillet, brown remaining 1/4 cup cracker crumbs in 1 tablespoon butter, stirring often.
- Sprinkle each serving with cracker crumbs and paprika.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes.