Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is recipe #2 from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & I cannot wait to try this great idea for corn-on-the-cob. It could hardly be easier to fix & this is 1 of those recipes that bridges the generation gap to become a favorite for adults & kids. I may even try adding some garlic to the mix. Yum!
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 corn on the cob (fresh or frozen)
- Soften the butter in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Then blend in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce & mustard.
- Place ea corn cob on a piece of greaseproof paper & spread w/the butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- Wrap the cobs in the paper & place in a single layer in a large dish.
- Cook on HIGH till tender (about 12 min if fresh or 15 min if frozen).
- Turn halfway thru cooking & serve w/the buttery juices poured over the cobs.
I had 4 small ears so made half of this recipe. Even with that, it makes a lot of butter mixture. So for the record, 3 ounces of butter is equal to 6 tablespoons. I wrapped my corn in plastic wrap and microwaved them for 6 minutes. You could not taste that much of the butter on them. So I added extra butter mixture just before I ate mine. You could really taste the sweet flavor from the ketchup. I'm not use to a sweet taste to my corn unless it is creamed style. Made for *Recipe Swap No19 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Forum
this takes corn to a new level. so easy and quick. wow i loved it. thanks twissis. Made for RECIPE SWAP #12 - January 2008