1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food processor (do not clean between ingredients).
- 2Finely slice the torpedo rolls and set aside.
- 3Finely chop bacon and put in a large, deep saute pan and put on medium heat.
- 4Medium chop peppers, onions, and parsley and add to cooking bacon.
- 5Add garlic powder, seasoning salt, and cayenne pepper to mix and cook for 10 minutes.
- 6Put aside to cool.
- 7To open clams,place in large baking pan (s) 1 to 2" deep.
- 8Place in a 400°F oven for 10 minutes, or until opened slightly,remove fron oven and let cool enough to handle.
- 9Open clams, reserving the liquid for later use,and chop meat medium fine.
- 10Separate and save clam shells.
- 11In a large bowl,combine the clams and bacon/vegetable mix.
- 12Add the sliced rolls a cup at a time,adding the reserved clam juice,if necessary,to keep the consistency of a slightly wet stuffing.
- 13Spoon fill clam shells with stuffing mix, sprinkle bread crumbs over stuffing,and top with lighty sprinkled paprika for color.
- 14Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 15Bread crumbs should be lightly browned, and clams and vegetables tender.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Clams Old Fashioned Style (Almost!)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 500.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: