Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An old recipe from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Smaller portions would make a good appetizer.
- Steam clams in a little water for five minutes.
- Drain, saving the juice.
- Cool clams and remove from shells.
- Combine clams, eggs, cracker crumbs, and seasonings; chop the mixture fine.
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter and saute the vegetables for five minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the clam mixture and stir in the clam juice.
- Preheat oven to 450F and grease four ramekins generously with butter.
- Fill the ramekins with the clam mixture, sprinkle with parsley and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Serve very hot.