Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different way from "same old, same old" to prepare breaded chicken. Great flavor and crispy coating...baked, not fried!
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix mustard and Worcestershire sauce until blended.
- In a pie plate or shallow container, combine bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken thighs in mustard mixture and then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes; turn thighs over and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Bought a bunch of chicken thighs on sale and didn't know what to do with them. This recipe is wonderful and uses things I already have in my pantry. Didn't change a thing and the chicken turned out wonderful. I might also try this on boneless chicken breasts next time.
I used Creole mustard which gave this recipe a nice flavor. I didnt have enough fresh breadcrumbs for the whole recipe, so used cornflake crumbs instead for about half . The coating with the fresh breadcrumbs turned out a little mushy on the bottom, but those with the cornflake crumbs were real crispy. Everyone liked this dish. Will make it again.
Love the distinct flavours in this easy chicken dish. The chicken was moist and very tender. I have a jar of honey mustard and plan to try that next time too. Thanks for posting.