Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Created for RSC#10. If you like tangy, this is for you. Eat it on it's own, in a sandwich or atop a nice crisp bed of lettuce.
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olives or 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- garlic salt, to taste (optional)
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Stir together dressing ingredients.
- Combine dressing with salad.
Lovely salad. I used a vadalia onion, green olives and subbed in some gherkins for the capers. :)
This was a hit all the way around at our house. We enjoyed the zippy taste but then we love things like olives and capers and can tolerate strong flavors. Where I can see that some may not have liked the zippiness, we really did and it is something for people to consider before trying this out. If one is not afraid of flavor, I suggest they jump right in, the water's fine!!! Thank you.
I used leftovers of 2 chicken breasts that were marinated and cooked on the bbq. I omitted the red onion (due to DH). I used one small red bell pepper (I loved it in this salad). I used a little bit less of pimento stuffed olive but next time I'll try black. I didn't use caper cause it was salty enough. I ate this chicken salad in a tortillas with lettuce. Delicious. thanks Engrossed. Made for Zaar Star Game.