Recipe by mandabears
This is definitely comfort food for Buggy and me. The marinade makes it a little different from common sauted chicken livers. Prep time includes marinating time
Top Review by Engrossed
I love chicken livers and this was a good way to make them. I followed the recipe exactly but it it was hard to separate the livers from the marinade, so I cooked them a bit and then it was easy to drain out the marinade to add back in at the end. After I removed the livers, I added onions and some olive oil and added the sauce back and livers back in when the onions were soft. The only thing I didn't love about this recipe was the slight sweetness from the ketchup.
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper or 0.59 ml white pepper
- 453.59 g chicken liver
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine all marinade ingredients: stir until smooth.
- Cut chicken livers in half, removing membrane.
- Add livers to marinade and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a large skillet melt butter or margarine.
- Remove livers from marinade, drain well.
- Reserve marinade.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add water to marinade and stir until smooth.
- Add to chicken livers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.