Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Miracle Whip label. I found that baking rather than stovetop does keep the crust together, but doesn't taste as good! It's your call, whatever you like. This recipe is a family favorite!!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup mustard or 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together either in a bowl, or deep plate.
- Mix Miracle Whip and mustard together.
- Coat the chicken with wet mixture.
- Transfer chicken to bread crumb mixture. Shake off any excess.
- STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS:.
- Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add chicken and cook chicken on med-hi heat until center is no longer pink. Time may vary due to size of chicken breasts. Average cooking time is 10 mins on one side. Turn chicken and cook on other side until done, usually 5-10 minutes more.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare breasts as stated above, and lay on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 25-35 mins, depending on size of breasts. Chicken is done when fluids run clear, and no longer pink in center.