Recipe by ElaineAnn
Tender chicken in a kicky sauce. You may even want to double the sauce ingredients and serve poured over rice, noodles, or potatoes.
Top Review by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
We eat a lot of chicken, so always on the lookout for tasty new ways to prepare. I thickened the sauce at the end with cornstarch mixed with equal amount of water. Served over brown rice. Both of us loved the sauce!!
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper chicken and brown in oil.
- Remove chicken.
- Whisk flour with drippings in pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Return chicken to pan and spoon sauce over.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.