1/1 Photo of Deviled Cauliflower
2 hrs 4 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- 2Cover pan and steam 5-7 minutes or until just tender.
- 4Rinse under cold water.
- 5Drain well and transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 6Combine 1-1/4 Tbs.
- 7melted butter with flour in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk about 3 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 8Gradually whisk in milk.
- 9Add bay leaf and nutmeg and whisk often until mixture simmers.
- 10Cover partially and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire and salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaf.
- 12Pour sauce over cauliflower and stir until well coated.
- 13(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- 14Preheat oven to 3500F.
- 15Sprinkle breadcrumbs over cauliflower.
- 16Drizzle with remaining butter.
- 17Bake 35-40 minutes, until cauliflower is heated through, sauce bubbles at edges and breadcrumbs are golden.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g