Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is for the Australian portion of the Zaar World tour. Looks very easy and good! From Meltingpot.fortunecity.com.
- 13 ounces carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, can use more if desired
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare carrots and cut into sticks.
- Saute in butter for 2 minutes, add other ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
I liked the sweetness from the brown sugar but the heat. WOW, is this hot, I used the full amount of cayenne pepper. I'll have to cut that in half next time. And I'm a spicy heat lovin' kind of gal. I made this for ZWT III 2007 - Australian & New Zealand Region.
I was very uncertain about this dish. I must say though that they had a good flavor, but were waaaaaaaaaay too hot for me. I was only able to eat a few then I had to go running for some more milk. Next time I will cut back on the cayenne. My son hated them and my husband was still undecided this morning whether he liked them or not. I will try them again though. Very simple to put together!
Yummy carrots! I loved the spicy, tangy sweetness. Used plenty of everything. I was too lazy to cut up carrots and used baby carrots - had to microwave them in the end to get them cooked all the way through. Made for the Australian trip in ZWT III. Thanks!