Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Turkey is pretty bland and has no extra fat in the meat so I find ways to spice it up/ I called these "Go to the Devil" Burgers but decided on a more conservative title. Colby Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese added on top if you prefer.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) cancooked great northern beans, drained and saved
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned pimento strips
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons nakano rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 -12 slices colby-monterey jack cheese or 8 -12 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Put Beans in large mixing bowl, mash with fork or beaters. Add a little of saved juice so it is moist.
- Add ground meat and mix in with beans.
- Add saltine crackers and mix well.
- Add pimentos and mix.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, add rice vinegar, brown sugar,black pepper & dry mustard.
- Pour into the meat and bean mixture and mix well. I use my hands.
- Cover with saran wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Form into patties and grill on medium to hot heat five to 7 minutes, then turn and cook the other side about five minutes. Fry longer for thicker patties.
- If you use a fry pan, add 2 tblsp olive oil in the pan before cooking.
- Serve open face or buttered warm buns.
- 8 6 oz patties or 12 4 oz patties.