Recipe by lauralie41
I found these healthy and tasty burgers on Howstuffworks website. Lean ground beef eaten in sensible serving sizes is a great source of protein, B vitamins and iron.
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't have horseradish cream so I used plain horseradish but only 1 teaspoon. I didn't want it to taste too much. I used whole wheat breads, green onions intead of onion. The taste of these burgers is wonderful :) Thanks Lauralie :) Made for Potluck tag
- 2 slices bread, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. In a large mixing bowl combine the bread, onion, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, mustard, horseradish, garlic powder, and chili powder and mix until well blended.
- With clean hands add ground beef and blend gently until combined being careful to not overwork the meat mixture. Shape into six (3-inch) burgers and place them on a ungreased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
- Broil the burgers four inches away from the heat source approximately four minutes per side or until desired doneness. Place cooked burgers on hamburger buns and serve immediately.