Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice sidedish. I use boiled fresh beets, but you could use canned beets, drained.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups diced cooked beets
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in mustard, cloves, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well.
- Stir in beets and heat through.
Really good. I didn't have brown sugar so i used white sugar, honey and a touch of molasses. I also didn't use cloves ( I dont like the taste of them). This dish was delicious and easy to make-I will make again! Thanks Mae.
Really easy and tasty. I didn't have any worcestershire sauce so I replaced it with a half a teaspon of Bragg's Liquid Aminos and it still turned out good. Yum.
I roasted fresh garden beets and followed the recipe. Served this with salmon and garden salad...nice light meal on a hot mid-western day!