Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe for those who can't handle the onion & green pepper in bean salads. I copied it out of a magazine in a doctor's office years ago. It is always a big hit at potlucks!!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Combine beans in bowl, add dressing.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or preferably overnight.
Beans , Beans , the magical fruit !! This is a very nice salad . I really liked that there was no onion or pepper in this .The dresssing was just perfect , not overly sweet /sour like a lot of bean salads . The garlic was really good in this ! A perfect pot luck or picnic salad !! Thanks for posting !