Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been passed down 3 generations. We are using this as our Birthday Cake, so this has family history in two ways. The Cake being made multiple generations and having it for every birthday in my family!
- Cream butter with sugar. Add baking soda to buttermilk. Add baking soda and buttermilk to creamed butter and sugar. Then add eggs one at a time. Next add vanilla and pecans.
- Sift in flour.
- Melt chocolate to this add milk and brown sugar.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture into cake batter.
- Stir Well.
- Prepare one 9 X 13 cake pan.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.