Recipe by Kym in Ohio
I bake the cookies while my kids are in school and they frost them when come home. Kids love them. I got this recipe from a realtor in our area.
Top Review by rosie316
I made this today (expecting the grand-kids tonight). They are not coming, so it's up to hubby and I to rate these. I will start by saying that the cookies themselves are alright, but the filling seemed off. I'm not sure if it was because of an entire cup of shortening combined with the marshmallow fluff, but it just seemed so very greasy. I did not double the filling portion, no need to. It is very sweet, a little goes a long way. I don't think I will try this recipe for Devil Dogs again, but thank you for posting. (Made for My 3 Chefs)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together shorting,egg,and sugar;then add milkand vanilla.
- Mix again,then add flour, cocoa,salt,and baking soda; mix throughly.
- Drop by tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Filling (I double the the filling) Mix ingresents together throughly.
- Add a small amount of water to make it stir easier.
- Put filling between between 2 cookie.