Recipe by Sherrybeth
These have been a family favorite since I was a child. When they are baking, they puff WAY up, then fall, so don't be alarmed when you check them while they bake.
Top Review by rosie316
Nothing like the "Devil Dogs" I grew up knowing... but still quite good. I've always done the individual cookies and then stuffed the inside of 2 cookies with the sugar filling. Using the packaged cake mix made it simple. This was a unique way to get almost the same type of dessert. Thanks for sharing. (Made for My 3 Chefs)
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg.
- Once this is well mixed, press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and eggs.
- Beat this until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour over the cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour before cutting.
- Cut into 1-2 inch squares.