Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
These little bites are so good that you swear that the devil is tempting you from the diet, but they are low fat little delights that my whole family loves!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg white; mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Shape gently into balls with your fingers.
- Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on sheet and then transfer to let cool.
OK, I am NEVER making these cookies again - unless I double the recipe first!! These are sensational, but let's face it, 24 bites just aren't enough. The only thing I changed is to use a whole egg instead of just the white (for no other reason except I was too doggone lazy to do the separation - came out fine!). Just try to eat one of these devilish little bites - DH will be asking for these again, and my cookie expert friend already asked for the recipe - high praise indeed! Thanks, Jenshie!
What a simple easy to do cookie recipe. These would be great in a gift package at holiday times. That is if you can keep them long enough to wrap up!! Thank you Jenshie
Don't even think about making this recipe unless you double or triple it! They are soooo good!!!!! Thanks for posting a recipe I'll be making again and again!