Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a mushroom-lover, and like to make this quick and easy mushroom soup.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Clean and chop mushrooms.
- Melt butter and saute mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and saute briefly.
- Add water and seasonings and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add half-and-half and simmer just until heated.
- Just before serving, add parsley.
very delicious, but underspiced--I added garlic, shallots, fresh ground nutmeg and pepper and still ended up with a delicious but relatively bland mixture. Excellent as a soup or as a pasta suace with additional spicing.
Excellent simple soup for a lazy cooking night. Hit the spot beautifully.