Recipe by Llamatron
I use this recipe to make hummus for my autistic son's rice cakes. Anyone can eat it to help detox heavy metals from the body! All ingredients should be organic.
Top Review by WicklewoodWench
This was delicious,,there is nothing nicer than homemade hummus. I can't vouch for the detoxifying properties,,but the taste was fresh and delicious. I chose this for Spring PAC and I shall use it to make Gfcf Hummus Pasta Dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup cilantro (packed, with stems, raw)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (roughly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree cilantro, salt, and garlic in a mixer or food processor. Add olive oil to help get it moving if needed.
- Add chickpeas and puree, adding oil if needed. Sometimes if it's too dry to mix well, I'll add water too so I don't have to use a lot of oil.
- Freezes well!