1/1 Photo of Detox Granola
This version, slightly adapted from the 'Detox Recipe' book is a healthy, delicious option to consider for breakfast. Even my kids would forego a Macdonalds to have this sprinkled on some Greek yoghurt with a drizzle of honey.... To get the 'full' detox effect however eat with skimmed/rice milk or natural yoghurt and fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 170 degrees C/Gas mark 5.
- 2In a large bowl mix oats, sunflower seeds, almonds and hazlenuts.
- 3In a separate bowl combine the honey, oil, water, vanilla extract and cinnamon. I find putting this in the microwave for a minute heats it sufficiently to mix the ingredients.
- 4Add liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5Spread out on a large baking tray and bake in the oven for 30/40 minutes. You will need to stir/turn it occasionally until evenly browned. I wait until it is done then turn off the oven and leave the door open. This way it seems to fully dry out and stays crisp for longer.
- 6When cool add the apricots, cut into thin slivers. Mix and store in an airtight tub.
- 7A nice alternative is to use pecan nuts instead of hazlenuts. Do crush/chop the nuts yourself though as, if you buy the uniformly shop bought chopped ones, the texture is all wrong.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Detox Granola
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g