Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy recipe for good tasting detox soup!
- 8 carrots
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 oranges
- 2 inches bulb gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- olive oil
- nutmeg (optional)
- in a medium pot, fry onion, garlic, and ginger in a dash of olive oil until clear.
- add carrots and sweat for 8-10 minutes.
- add stock and bring to a boil.
- simmer until carrots become cooked and tender.
- add in some orange zest and squeeze in all of the juices.
- blend in blender until smooth.
- serve hot or cold.
- For vegan, use vegetable broth!
Excellent flavor & easy to make. I added a bit of honey & liked the additional sweetness.