Recipe by BIG_CHIEF
Throw some fresh veggies on along with the bread pieces skewered with toothpicks for variety. Got this from a newspaper a very long time ago. This is a really fun appetizer that brings people together around the table.
- 1 loaf French bread, large, whole (NOT sliced)
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 ounces pimientos, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces Buddig beef (pressed beef lunch meat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix filling ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Cut off top of bread and hollow out center using sharp knife.
- Leave about 1/8 inch bread around inside of loaf.
- Cut center piece into cubes and place around hollowed-out loaf.
- Skewer pieces with sturdy toothpicks, if desired.
- Add fresh veggies around loaf, if desired.
- Spoon dip into loaf and serve.