Recipe by bggio
For the lovers of sushi and Japanese food. I cant recall where I seen this or from who but I have adapted from that original Idea. Taking sushi rice and making it into a simple rice pudding rolled on chocolate to make Maki rolls of your favourite fruit.
- 1 cup milk, 3 . 25%
- 1⁄2 cup cream, 18% cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup rice, sushi rice
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fruit (plums, peaches, nectarines, mango work best)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, 80%
- 4 dates, dried seedless and sliced thinly
- 2 kiwi, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk, cream, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and stir. Cover and simmer gently until the rice is tender, stirring and scraping the bottom several times during cooking.
- Remove from the heat. Add the white chocolate and set aside for about 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is melted and evenly distributed. Let cool.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a damp countertop. Spread the rice on it, forming a (5 x 14-inch) rectangle, you may get 1 1/2 rolls depending on your rice choice.
- Arrange the fruit in a narrow strip lengthwise down the middle of the rectangle. Using the plastic wrap and working from the long sides, roll into a (14-inch) cylinder.
- Twist the ends of the plastic wrap. Refrigerate until very firm, about 3 hours (or about 30 minutes in the freezer).
- Place the grated chocolate on a sheet or plate.
- Remove the rolls from fridge and remove plastic wrap and roll them into the dark chocolate.
- cut into 1 inch pieces for the Maki look then plate with rice facing upward.
- take the schredded kiwi and place on plate as if it were wasabi and the sliced dates as if it were ginger.